The Impact of Transforming Teacher Education and Learning (T-Tel) In Enhancing Tamale College of Education Tutorsâ€™ Competencies
Training and retraining is an essential factor in building skills towards effective performance. In recent times, many programmes are initiated to facilitate teacher professional development. These include the tutor professional development programme funded by Transforming Teacher Education and Learning (T-TEL). The aim of the study was to assess the impact of the programme on tutor competencies. The study sampled 43 tutors of Tamale College of Education. Questionnaire was employed in gathering data from the field for analysis using simple frequencies. The findings revealed that, the programme had a positive influence on developing tutorsâ€™ competencies which resulted in influencing tutor positive perception about professional development.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
2. Avalos B. Teacher professional development in Teaching and Teacher Education over ten years.Teaching and. Teacher Education. 2011;27:10â€“20.
3. Valkanos E, Giossi SA, S. Certified adult educators attitudes towards continuing education. Review of European studies; 2010.
4. Wlodkowski RJ. Enhancing Adult Motivation To Learn, A Comprehensive Guide For Teaching All Adults .Jossey-Bass Publishers; 1998.
5. Vegas E. Teacher Labor Markets in Developing Countries. The Future of Children. 2007;17(1):219â€“232.
6. Ministry of Education and Ministry of Finance (MOE and MOF) (2010).Notice of the Implementation of the National Training Plan for Primary and Secondary Education Teachers. Government of;. Available from: http://www.gov.cn/zwgk/ 2010-06/30/content 1642031.htm.
7. Karabenick SA, Noda PAC. Development Implications of Teachersâ€™. Beliefs and Attitudes TowardEnglish Language Learners Bilingual Research Journal. 2004;.